Here are a few figures to give you more of an idea about Lyon...
• Leading French city in terms of new businesses being set up
• 1st region producing vaccines
• 2nd leading economic centre in France and 2nd region in France in terms of health sector development
• 2nd city in France for international meetings (Union of International Associations ranking)
• 1.38 million inhabitants in Metropolitan Lyon.
• 2nd city for post-secondary studies and in terms of number of students (best student city in 2018-2019 according to l’Etudiant.fr), 13,300 researchers and 550 laboratories in Lyon
• Leading city in 5 sectors: biotechnology, chemistry/environment, digital entertainment, innovative textiles, transport & mobility
• 2nd for hotel accommodation with 18,929 hotel rooms in Metropolitan Lyon.
• 4th busiest international airport in France with 130 destinations with direct flights, 3 TGV train stations and 5 motorways connecting to all major European cities.
• More than 40 international NGOs,
• Many scientific and medical conventions organised in Lyon are contributing to Lyon's standing in France and abroad.
A case in point is the XXIII World Congress on Parkinson's Disease and Related Disorders which was held from 19 to 22 August 2018,
> European Congress of Neuro Oncology - EANO, from 19 to 22 September 2019 (1000 attendees),
> Open Source Summit OSS EU 2019 - Linux Foundation, from 28 October to 1 November 2019 (2500 attendees),
> Annual Meeting of the International Society of Paediatric Oncology - SIOP, from 23 to 26 October 2019 (2000 attendees),
> Herbalife - President's Team Retreat 2019, from 1 to 5 December 2019 (2000 attendees),
> and the World Allergy Congress from 12 to 14 December 2019 (5500 attendees).
For more information, contact the Lyon Convention and Exhibition Bureau.